For those of you who didn’t know, there is an iOS 7.0.4 tethered Jailbreak for ONLY iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA). Normally when a new iOS comes out there is almost instantly a tethered Jailbreak for all devices running an Apple A4 chip or below, because of Geohot’s LimeRa1n hardware exploit which takes advantage of bootrom vulnerabilities that are unpatchable. The only way to patch this bootrom exploit is to release new hardware and Apple has obviously already done that.
So why the wait for the tethered iOS 7.0.4 Jailbreak?
Simply due to the fact no one was really working on it because when a Jailbreak is being worked on, it’s developed for all devices at the same time that are compatible with that version of iOS. With the release of iOS 7 things were made a little more complicated since the iPhone 4 is the only iDevice running an A4 chip that is compatible with iOS 7, because of that it is simply not worth the time or effort to only release one working Jailbreak.
Recently though there has been a released version of a tethered Jailbreak for iPhone 4′s running iOS 7.0.4 called RageBreak. Honestly it is a little different than other Jailbreak experiences and it is said to have a few errors when using Cydia, but they shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
The version of Cydia that runs in this particular Jailbreak is modified for compatibility for the iOS version and the Jailbreak. It will approximately take about 20 minutes to fully Jailbreak your iPhone 4. If you have an iPhone 4 and have been waiting for a jailbreak and just cannot wait any longer, then this would probably be worth your time. If you would want a more stable Jailbreak with much more reliability, the I do recommend that you wait for a Jailbreak released from the Evasi0n team.
You can Jailbreak your iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0.4 by following the instructions in the YouTube video shown below.
Here are all the files you will need:
-RageBreak Windows exe for 7.0.4
-Java Development Kit (this is a MUST)
-iOS 7.0.4 IPSW for the iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA models)
-iTunes and .Net can be found through RageBreak
-Update Zip (see instructions listed below)
*This jailbreak ports Cydia to iOS 7 which causes many glitches and many packages will not support the upgrade.
2. Open the Ragebreak application (If it does not open go to system prefs, security and privacy, and under the general tab allow apps downloaded from anywhere)
3. Once the terminal opens type “1″ and hit enter, if it prompts you to download Xcode do so.
4. Plug in your iPhone and enter DFU mode.
5. Continue the Ragebreak shell using the password “alpine”.
6. After it is finished continue to the app and re enter DFU mode
7. Type the corresponding number into Ragebreak and wait for reboot.
8. In the main ragebreak screen type 5 and enter your phones ip address
9. Type yes and “alpine” for your password
10. Boot tethered again by entering DFU and following step 6.
This is a tethered jailbreak you will have to boot tethered every time your device powers off.
If you get confused use Tanner’s video to help along the way.