iFile, the most powerful management tweak for jailbroken iOS devices just received a major update bringing a lot of new features and improvements. If you’ve got a jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, then you most probably have this app already installed.
This Cydia tweak is pretty much a requirement for any user who wants to get deep in to the root of their device and have access to all the files. iFile 1.7.0-1 brings many new changes such as a completely rebuilt local and remote file handling system, a better FTP client, AirBlue support and plenty others. The update seems to have also fixed certain issues on iOS 5.1 and iOS 5.1.1. The Dropbox integration has also received some updates to make it work better.
Here’s the full changelog for iFile 1.7.0-1:
● Added option to open new tabs using bookmarks.
● Completely refactored local and remote file handling.
● New FTP client supporting copy, cut, paste, rename, delete.
● Overhaul of Dropbox implementation.
● Changed iFile-to-iFile Bluetooth transfer to disable device locking during transfer.
● Added section index also in case of sorting and grouping files by extension.
● Restructured iFile’s preferences.
● AirBlue Sharing support added.
● Added support for auto mounting harddisks (MSDOS and HFS file systems) on iPad via Camera Connection Kit.
● Hungarian and European Portuguese localization added.
● Corrected German and Chinese localizations.
● Fixed handling of large files sizes for download, upload and directory listing in Web Server.
● Added strict type checking on preferences to avoid potential crashes because of illegal values in the preference file.
● Fixed crash on iPad while changing attributes hierarchically.
● Updated French localization.
● Fixed crash of Web Viewer on iOS 5.1 (caused by iOS bug).
● Avoided showing of . and .. for mounted flash drives.
● Fixed broken disk image mounting for iOS 5.x.
Now, we all know that iFile isn’t available for free. However, you can still install it on your jailbroken device using the free trial and check it out. iFile, otherwise, costs $4.00 and is available in the BigBoss repo, but the update is free.