Thanks to the efforts of pod2g, planetbeing, p0sixninja, pimseks, and others The Absinthe 2.0 has been released to perform an untethered jailbreak of iOS 5.1.1. The utility is available now .
After copious amounts of work and many sleepless nights Absinthe 2.0 is finally here to jailbreak your device. This release has been a large collaborative effort between Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams (Jailbreak Dream Team)
PandaApp Note： This jailbreak supports firmware 5.1.1 ONLY and is again one of the most easiest jailbreaks to use (so easy your grandma could do it ;D)
Absinthe 2.0 4supports the following devices:
Full list of compatible devices for 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak are as follows:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad (3rd gen)
- iPad 2 (iPad2,4 is now supported as of Absinthe 2.0.4)
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- Apple TV 2G
How To Use Absinthe 2.0:
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
The latest Version Can Jailbreak iPad 2. 4
[Note: if Absinthe v2.0 not work on your device, try the new one]
The following are Absinthe 2.0 .2 Download Address