According to Pod2g's latest announcement, iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will be coming out any day now, it’s ready and has been tested on almost all the iOS devices. MuscleNerd, has posted a quick info guide for the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak so you’ll know what to expect, when to expect and more.
He stated that the new untether will be packaged into a new RedSn0w release as well, when Absinthe v2.0 is out. He also thanks all those who have helped in creating the tool and the jailbreak. Check out the the complete guide below:
● All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
● @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
● The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
● Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
● For those wishing to donate, we've set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
● Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Stay tuned, guys!