Well cheer up iPhone fans, there are some great 3rd party apps that can enhance your iPhone photography experience by enabling you to edit and share your photos easily with family and friends. There are also some ingenious applications that enable you to capture video on your iPhone and share it. These are some of the best.
With iPhoto for iOS, Apple brings Multi-Touch to photography in a breakthrough way. Browse, edit, and share your photos from your iPad or iPhone, like never before – all the powerful tools you need are at your fingertips. And with iCloud, you can share your experiences as stunning photo journals.
Use simple gestures to quickly sort through photos and find your best shots. A powerful set of Multi-Touch tools helps you perfect color and exposure, crop, straighten, and retouch images. Enhance pictures by adding beautiful, Apple-designed effects with just a tap. Or use fingertip brushes to apply adjustments exactly where you want them. In addition to posting photos to Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter, you can beam photos between your iPhone and iPad, stream photos and slideshows to your Apple TV with AirPlay, and use iCloud to publish photo journals to the web to share your stories with friends and family in a whole new way.
• Use simple gestures to quickly sort through dozens or even hundreds of photos
• Automatically find similar photos, so you can quickly make comparisons
• View multiple photos side-by-side to help you choose your best images
• Tap to mark any photo with a flag, select a favorite, or hide an image
• Resize and reposition scrollable thumbnail grid for optimal browsing in any orientation
• Simply touch and drag on the parts of the image you want to change
• Touch and drag on the image to adjust blue skies, greenery, and skin tones
• Drag the white balance loupe to make precise color corrections
• All image adjustments are completely non-destructive and can be modified at any time
• Straighten your pictures with a tap using automatic horizon detection
• Use your fingertip to paint photo adjustments right where you need them
• Turn on edge detection to help you apply adjustments with even more precision
• Lighten, darken, and change saturation or sharpness selectively
• Paint out spots and blemishes with a powerful Repair brush
• Brush away red-eye, or use the Soften brush to minimize wrinkles
• Enhance your photos with dozens of beautiful, Apple-designed effects
• Touch and drag to add drama to landscapes with a selection of graduated filters
• Create a perfectly toned black-and-white photo by simply dragging your finger
• Pinch and zoom a vignette or tilt-shift filter to focus on a key part of the photo
• Apply artistic effects to transform your photos into brilliant watercolors
• Share your stories in a whole new way as beautiful photo journals
• iPhoto automatically flows your pictures into a great-looking layout that’s fun to personalize
• Freely move and resize photos with a touch of your finger
• Touch and drag to add captions, maps, dates, and even the weather
• Publish your photo journals to iCloud as stunning web pages to share
Other great iPhoto features
• iPhoto is a universal app, optimized for both iPhone and iPad
• Create cinematic slideshows of your photos with a few taps
• Post directly to Facebook or Flickr and view friends’ comments on your photos
• Beam photos between your iPhone and iPad, including all non-destructive adjustments
• Use AirPlay to stream photos and slideshows to your HDTV over Wi-Fi with Apple TV
• Print your photos wirelessly on an AirPrint-enabled printer
Some features require an iCloud account and/or compatible internet access.
AirPrint requires an AirPrint-compatible wireless printer.
AirPlay is compatible with the second-generation Apple TV or later.
What's new in Version 1.0.1
• When publishing a journal to iCloud, the URL of the journal can now be copied using a Copy Link button
• Addresses an issue that could cause duplicate photos to appear in Photos view
• Includes stability improvements
Now with 4x digital zoom and 27 different aspect ratios!
Night Camera uses the accelerometer to ensure the steadiness of the camera before the shutter fires, it creates clearer photos at night and under low light conditions.
iPhone has a decent camera for a cell phone. However, due to the space constraint, it has a slow lens, meaning the shutter time is relatively long. At night and under low light conditions, a slight hand movement can cause the photo to be blurry.
By using the accelerometer sensor, Night Camera only fires the shutter when it detects the iPhone is steady, thus greatly improving the sharpness of your photos.
**** Night Camera offers three modes for your convenience:
- Standard: Same as standard camera
- Stable: Accelerometer fires the shutter only when the iPhone is steady, with adjustable sensitivity.
- Timer: Shutter fires after a timed delay.
**** In-app photo browser with delete:
- Night Camera allows you to browse your camera roll within the app, with the ability to view and delete photos.
- Night Camera allows you to use GPS information to tag the photo with EXIF.
****4x digital zoom
- Single finger operation. Swipe to zoom.
**** You have four color options
- B/W Grayscale
- Hard Light (a dramatic effect best for well lit outdoor photos)
**** 27 Aspect Ratios
- Standard 4x3
- Wide 16x9
**** many other options
- Fullscreen shutter in all modes, so you don't have to look for the tiny camera button.
- Resolution (full 1600x1200 vs quick 640x480).
- Time stamp overlay.
- 3x3 grid to help you with the composition.
- Auto save (no confirmation needed) vs Preview before saving.
Want more? Email your suggestions to email@example.com
- Changed about page