Google Earth for iOS has been updated with Earth Gallery, launch links, Touring support, automatic tilt, improved panoramio, and more.
Hold the world in the palm of your hand. With Google Earth for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you can fly to far corners of the planet with just the swipe of a finger. Explore the same global satellite and aerial imagery available in the desktop version of Google Earth, including high-resolution imagery for over half of the world's population and a third of the world's land mass.
With Google Earth, you can:
• Navigate the world with a swipe of your finger
• Swipe with two fingers to adjust your view to see mountainous terrain
• Show the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world
• View geo-located Wikipedia articles
• Use the Location feature to fly to your current location
• Search for cities, places, and business around the globe with Google Local Search
What's New In This Version:
• Earth Gallery: explore a curated list of maps, such as real-time earthquakes, hiking trails, and city tours
• Launch Earth with KML/KMZ file links on web pages
• Touring support: load tours from the Earth Gallery or from mountain layer
• Zoom now centers on gesture rather than center of screen
• Automatic tilt of view when zooming
• Improved Panoramio photo experience
• Stability and performance improvements
You can download Google Earth from the App Store for free.